Privacy Notice for Job Applicants
Our data-protection information on our data-processing in accordance with Articles 13, 14 and 21 of the GDPR may change from time to time. We shall publish all changes on this site. We place older versions in an archive for your perusal.
Who is responsible for data processing and how do you reach the Data Controller if you have any questions?
Responsibility lies with
- Name : Hanjin Global Logistics Europe s.r.o.
- Address : Pod krejcarkem 975/2, Building C, 5th Floor, Praha 3-Zizkov, Czech Republic
- Telephone Number : +420 226 254 836
- Email address : HGLEHDQ@hanjin.co.kr
Where do we obtain your data and which types of data do we use?
We process personal data which we receive directly from you. If necessary for the contractual relationship with you and your pronounced application, we may process data which we lawfully receive from other offices or other third parties. Also, we may process personal data that we have obtained, received, or acquired in a permissible way from publicly available sources such as public registers, press, internet and other media
The categories of personal data that we may process relating to you are the following.
- 1 Master data :name, personal phone number, personal email address, other contact data, nationality
- 2 Job application data :information contained in job application and supporting documentation (certificate of resident registration and its abridged copy, basic certification, certification of work experience, certification of application for work), other academic records, military service record, work experience/certification, language test results, etc
- 3 Other information :information about you on the Internet or social medias or from other publicly available sources, selection information including correspondence between us and you, interview notes, internal notes and if applicable, the results of any written or online selection tests.
What are the purposes of processing your data and on which legal basis does the processing take place?
We process personal data in accordance with the provi sions of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and national laws implementing the GDPR as follows:
- a Where it is necessary for the purposes pursuant to fulfilment of an agreement or pre-contractual measures (Art. 6 (1 b) GDPR)The Company may use and process personal data necessary to communicate with you about the recruitment process and if applicable, to draft an employment agreement.
- b where it is necessary for the legitimate interests of the Company or of third parties (Art. 6 (1 f) GDPR)To the extent necessary, we will process your data be yond the scope of fulfilment of the (preliminary ) contract in order to protect the legitimate interests of our own and those of third parties and without prejudicing your interests and fundamental rights and freedoms, including:
to examine and assess of your suitability for the position to be filled,
to manage the recruitment process and to keep records of the process
Measures intended to further develop existing recruiting processes
- c on the basis of legal requirements (Art. 6 (1 c) GDPR)We are subject to various legal obligations, including statutory requirements, and, in order to comply with these legal obligations, we are required to collect and process certain personal data about you. For example, we may need to process your personal data to comply with an obligation not to employ someone who does not have the legal right to work in Czech Republic.
In addition, it may be necessary to disclose personal data within the framework of official government/court measures for the purposes of collecting evidence, law enforcement and criminal prosecution or the satisfaction of civil law claims.
- d on the basis of your consent (Art. 6 (1 a) GDPR)Your personal data can also be processed for certain purposes (e.g. using your data for subsequent vacancies) including as a result of your consent. As a rule, you can revoke this consent at any time. You shall be separately informed about the consequences of revocation or refusal to provide consent in the respective text of the consent.
Generally speaking, revocation of consent only applies to the future. Processing that takes place prior to consent being issued is not affected by such and remains lawful.
Who will receive your data?
Within the Company, units such as HR team, the legal team and the finance team will be granted access to your data that need it to fulfill the purposes as set out in this privacy notice.
Recipients of personal data may be:
Public authorities and institutions, provided a statutory obligation or an official decree is in place,
HANJIN TRANSPORTATION CO., LTD. (“Head Office”) located in South Korea, for the Head Office to manage Human Resources at a group level, make decisions about hiring of certain employees. Your personal data may be shared with our Head Office through cross-border transfers. Please refer to “Will the data be transferred to a third country or an international organization?” section for further information in this regard. For your information, the contact detail of the Head Office is as follows: SELAGY@hanjin.co.kr
Service providers which on behalf of or for us provide services, such as operators of our internal IT system necessary to process your personal data, recruitment agencies, etc. These entities are limited by contractual provisions in their abilities to use your personal data for purposes other than providing services to us.
Will the data be transferred to a third country or an international organization?
Your personal data will be transferred to South Korea, outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Data protection laws may or may not apply in jurisdictions outside the EEA or may not be as stringent as those in the EEA. In any case, Company will implement appropriate contractual measures to ensure that the Head Office outside the EEA provide an adequate level of protection to your personal data as set out in this policy and as required by applicable local law. Please contact us if you have any questions about how we share or transfer your personal data.
For how long will your data be stored?
If you are recruited, your personal data will be retained on the terms of the privacy notice for employee.
We will not keep your personal data for longer than is necessary for the purpose it was collected. At the end of that period, your data is deleted or destroyed.
However, we may process and store your personal data as long as this is required to meet our legal or regulatory obligations.
Also, if you are unsuccessful for the position you applied for and if you have consented to us doing so, we will keep your personal data to identify if you might be suitable for any other vacancies that may arise in the next 3 months and will contact you if we believe this is the case.
How is your data protected?
The Company maintains reasonable security measures to safeguard personal data from loss, interference, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. The Company also maintains reasonable procedures to help ensure that such data is reliable for its intended use and is accurate, complete and current.
What are your rights with regard to data protection?
Subject to limitations and exceptions set out in the applicable laws, you have the following rights relating to the Company’s processing of your personal data: the right of access pursuant to Article 15 GDPR, the right to rectification pursuant to Article 16 GDPR, the right to erasure pursuant to Article 17 GDPR, the right to restriction of processing pursuant to Article 18 GDPR, the right to object pursuant to Article 21 GDPR and the right to data portability pursuant to Article 20 GDPR. Moreover, there is a right to appeal to a competent data protection supervisory authority pursuant to Article 77 GDPR.
The foregoing rights may be exercised by contacting HGLEHDQ@hanjin.co.kr
Are you obliged to provide Data?
You only need to provide data that is necessary for processing your application or for a pre-contractual relationship with us or the collection of which we are required by law. Without this data, we are generally not able to continue the job application process or the selection procedure. If we request data from you above and beyond this, you shall be informed about the voluntary nature of the information.
To what extent will decisionmaking be automated?
We do not use fully automated decision-making processes pursuant to Article 22 GDPR in the context of our pre-contractual relation with you.
Will profiling take place?
No profiling of your personal data by means of automated processing will take place.